Thread: Collada
View Single Post
Old 6th October 2009, 02:57 PM   #14
Gus
Advanced member

Default Re: Collada

Niether of the two dae files you supplied worked, I suppose you didn't uv map them? For your information .DAE will not import into Blue Mars SDK if it ain't uvmapped....

Keep in mind that Lightwave is supported on Blue Mars, we have a few Lightwave users on there....

Try uvmapping them and send them again and will try......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
I've been working with the Collada format lately, and thought I'd take a swing at this one.

I compared a cylinder exported in AC3D against the exported cylinder provided in the above link. The fundamental difference is that the cylinder in the link above uses <triangles> to describe geometry, while AC3D uses <polylist>. Both formats look syntactically correct, however, and I can find no problems in the AC3D export --- I was also unable to get any other Collada importer to break when loading an AC3D Collada file.

I've attached a cylinder exported from LightWave -> Collada - can you see if that one imports? ( NOTE: I had to rename it to cyl_lw.dae.txt - you can rename it to cyl_lw.dae )

If the attached file imports, then we can more easily compare the AC3D and LightWave files, since they both use the same geometry descriptors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
One more thing - I'm also attaching a LightWave exported cylinder that's been triangulated, in the event Blue Mars doesn't like polys with > 3 sides.

As before, can you try this out in the Blue Mars importer and let us know the results?
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote