View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2011, 07:38 AM   #6
Simon_Lister
Advanced member

Default Re: Internal cabin for a helicopter

Hi peeps,

Sorry to bring this topic back up but it has been a while since I have had time to do much work in AC3d.

I am now cracking on with this helicopter and adding details. (The helicopter is not my own, it is from Flight Gear which I use and have the permission of the author to modify it and try and bring it to life a bit more).

What I have done up to now is remapped the main fuselage, added a refuel probe and am cracking on with the winch.

So.....the problem I have....stretched textures I know this has popped up in other posts before but I thought I had it sorted, obviously I was wrong.

He are some screen shots of it so far...
This part of the texture is fine as it is a flat surface

This part is OK but starts to stretch towards the end (left and right if looking from above)

Now this is where I am struggling, on objects of a cylindrical nature, I am trying to add rivet effects but when the texture gets to the top of the object it is stretched and looks silly

I tried to use the UV Map in TOOLS menu and set it as cylindrical, didn't work, tried mapping both sides separately but still getting the stretched effect.

Any advice/help would be muchly appreciated .

Thanks
Simon
Simon_Lister is offline   Reply With Quote