View Single Post
Old 16th December 2019, 11:37 AM   #5
Spkier

Default Re: Worth getting AC3D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Well AC3D's definitely not dead. A new release will be along soon. It would have been sooner but Apple have been causing a lot of problems with their OS updates.

The forum is very quiet sometimes but that's because people generally get the software and go off to use it productively.

There are many thousands of AC3D users worldwide, including lots of large corporations and universities. Users of commercial software don't usually go around saying "Hey, we use this", unlike many open source communities - which obviously rely on the community.

Try the AC3D demo and try Blender too (other software is also available) - no pressure.

P.S. A personal license is only $99
Thanks for your quick reponse, i'm not a new modeller i'm rather experienced and working on a model however i'm tired of paying 350 each month for 3dsmax and blender didnt fit my needs and i have tried AC3D demo and i enjoyed it alot so i made this post to get some head room into how the community is and now that i see an administrator responded i might go ahead and get AC3D, but before i go and do that i have a few more questions if you wouldnt mind.

1. i will be using it comercialy so i am thinking of using the versiont that costs 140$ unless i can use the personal for comercial as im a single person?

2. If i end up buying one of the versions will i get access to updates that you said were going to be released soon or will i end up paying 140$ more to get updates?

3. In blender and 3dsmax you got something called Msmooth and shaders is this available in AC3D?

Appreicate your reponse.

Best regards
Ulrik Brun
Spkier is offline   Reply With Quote