View Single Post
Old 16th December 2019, 04:05 PM   #9
Spkier

Default Re: Worth getting AC3D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
That sounds very slow. My old laptop handles it fine. Ensure your graphics drivers are up-to-date.

There's a lot you can do, of course the render speed depends on your graphics card and processor. Depending on your graphics card, you may find it faster if you switch off textures (press 't'). Also, if you press the eye icon (top right of each view window), that will switch off all the editing lines, saving quite a bit of render time.

You can also switch 2D/3D views to interactive-wireframe (main menus) which will switch to wireframe when manipulating.

Also, you can hide or lock different parts of a large scene (bottom right expanding section of left control panel). This is very handy when "walking" around a large scene (i.e. walk-mode in a 3D view) e.g. a large airport model.

The biggest speed saving is probably to to switch to a single view (press space to max/min current). that saves rendering 4 views at once.
Did all that yet it laggs alot and i always use 1 view same as i did in 3dsmax.
GPU is a 1050TI and cpu is amd athlehon 860k and both 3dsmax and blender renders at over 300 fps with the same settings and same mesh while AC3D renders at 2fps. GPU is up to date but will check agen and try and downgrade to lower version and see if there is any mess with ac3d and latest.
Tried with my old laptop wich only has a buitl inn gpu but it lagged even more so it crashed.
In viewport at 35K vertitices the viewport starts to lagg alot this is not good at all. and this is not render but viewport as a single viewport

Last edited by Spkier; 16th December 2019 at 06:32 PM.
Spkier is offline   Reply With Quote