View Single Post
Old 5th November 2005, 07:32 PM   #7
Hawk
Professional user

Default Problems with new motherboard display

Thanks, It is a Via chipset. As I have said earlier the MB video drivers were updated as soon as the display problem was noticed, it is a Via 4-1 which was obtained from Viaarena.com fresh, and carefully installed. The MB's tech rep gave me specific instructions for the new driver, and the web page for theVIA 4-1 video drivers.

I have no problem messing with stuff like this as I have built three computers. This kind of problem is a new one on me.

I looked into my old download folder, and found an older version of AC3D so I removed 5.0.21 and installed the older version 4.0, it also has a grayed out viewing port. Which kind of tells me it is not AC3D but elsewhere.

Now all I can do is wait until the tech rep reviews on what has transpired since last talking with him (Friday).
The reason he suggested removing the board and running it outside the case was to make sure the MB was not touch any metal.

I did have a non-open GL video card before and it worked just fine. I just letting you know this kind of stuff in search for an answer to the problem. Could it be a bios setting or a Windows problem?
Thanks for your suggestions and input
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote