View Single Post
Old 5th November 2005, 04:08 PM   #5
Hawk
Professional user

Default Problems with new motherboard display

I called the motherboard tech rep and he advised me to move the motherboard out of the case and onto a piece of cardboard and reconnect every thing and restart, that was friday and I'll have to get back to him on monday as it didn't change a thing. It is not an intel, the cpu is the same AMD that I was using with AC3D before (And the same memory).
An odd thing occurs...if I minimize AC3D and then make it full size, I am able to see through the grayed out viewing ports and see the decktop with all its icons, like looking through a window pane. strange.
I don't need a graphic card as AC3D has worked fine without it in the past, nor is there one in my IBM laptop which will also run AC3D for I must have one that is working. So I don't think a graphic card is the solution to the problem. I somehow beleive it is something to do with the way the onboard graphic chip is functioning, of posible something missing in the AC3D, as my photo programs (And others) work fine. I'll let you know when I find out.
Besides that my optical mouse was jumping all over the screen, what I discovered was I was moving it over a desk surface that has a wood pattern, placing it on a plain sheet of paper and it now worked fine. Some times it's the smallest of things.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote