View Single Post
Old 10th September 2004, 04:33 PM   #3
dre99gsx
Advanced member

Ok, that works. I understand the nearsnap now.

It is quicker selecting two verticies, snap-to-object, and using the CTRL-scroll mouse (just noticed CTRL lets you only move within the axis?). Without the CTRL, I would move the box enough that it would move back away from the vertex again.... tough to do.

Those verticies are so SMALL I have a hard time clicking on them... If I try making a box around the vertex (easier), it will select all the vertices that line up with it. So that method won't go.

But I was hopinng there was a one-click method, like a "snap to nearest surface". This way, I can draw boxes galore, and just move them next to each other. Software would automatically "join" them for me.

The CTRL-scroll I think will help.

This brings another question.... If I have a box on the front plane. I want to draw another box right in front of it. If the 1st box was moved quite a bit from the center, the 2nd drawn box would appear to be in front of the 1st box, but on the other axis, the box would be way behind it, or way in front of it. Any new object I create seems to "start" at one of the axis lines (x y or z). Is this default by nature?
dre99gsx is offline   Reply With Quote