View Single Post
Old 27th June 2012, 08:16 AM   #5
PixelOz

Smile Re: screensaver using textures

Ok, I figured out what I was doing wrong and now I can finally display the models with textures too in the screensaver! Yeeees!!!

The issue is that you have to actually open the file (by changing temporarily the extension from .ac to .txt) and specify carefully the absolute path to the textures as was previously stated.

But I made the mistake for example in the Aston Martin car to forget to look for all the instances inside the file of the object textures. So I had to be careful to find each of the words texture and in all of those, in each and every one of them the absolute path had to be specified as well.

I used the Windows Notepad Find function to find each instance of the word texture and fixed the path of each one carefully. If you leave even only one without specifying the absolute path to the texture the screensaver will give up and display your model blank without any of them.

The other issue to watch out for is what our friend reminded us before of using the correct slashes for the texture path and they should be as in this example:

texture "C:/Program Files/3D Model Screen Saver/Models/Aston Martin.rgb"

If you specify each and every object texture with the correct absolute path to the textures your model will display with textures. After that change the extension of the file back from .txt to .ac. That's all.

Last edited by PixelOz; 27th June 2012 at 08:19 AM.
PixelOz is offline   Reply With Quote