View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2011, 08:08 PM   #1
Blythe

Question Thinking of buying, but...

I am old to computers but new to 3D modelling, started because I want to add some 3DS objects to NoLimits Rollercoaster. Definitely hooked now. I have been carefully comparing AC3D, Cheetah, Blender, Sketchup and Autodesk. At the moment I prefer AC3D though it does seem to crash a lot especially when saving. Also the interface seems an uneasy mixture of Windows and Mac with very small text of file names/folders and no file icons available so I cannot see what textures and objects I have.

Is the purchased version any different or more stable than the demo, or is it just a question of time expiry?

I am running an iMac OS 10.6.7. Cheetah seems very stable with a helpful and attractive interface but no obvious way of using existing textures or saving them with a 3DS object. Sketchup is easy to use though the lite version won't save in 3DS. Blender is free but an absolute pig of an interface that had me in tears at three in the morning and Autodesk has far too many features and is too expensive for my modest needs.
Blythe is offline   Reply With Quote