Thread: Yah Right!!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2007, 10:09 AM   #15
donallabaugh

Default Re: Yah Right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlsti View Post
Hi Don,
I am using the "Paint" program in XP to manipulate the .png file, and in there, I select all, then just click on 'cut'. Everything disappears. I save the file then, but when I go back into planemaker, now the original aircraft is just all white. Only files in the main aircraft folder /aircraft/mine/experiment are Cozy.acf and Cozy_paint.png. Also subfolders /airfoils, /cockpit, and /objects, but that's all. Some panel.pngs in the /cockpit/panel subfolder.

AC3D could be a powerful way to create some nice aircraft if planemaker would just accept them. I'm interested in making this work.
Phil
Phil

Paint is not the best type of program for what you are trying to do. The reason, as you have noticed, is that when you cut the image the software does not leave you a blank file, especially in the png format. Basicly what paint did was create an all white image file instead of a transparent or empty image file.

There is a freeware graphics program called GIMP that many X-Plane builders use with great success. GIMP will produce the proper .png files.

Don
donallabaugh is offline   Reply With Quote