View Single Post
Old 6th February 2012, 10:52 PM   #6
jleslie
Expert member

Default Re: How to use the poly line tool

I don't want to cut the door, I want to have a polygon "melt" onto the outside surface of the existing model. The current surface is a mish-mosh of all kinds of polygons, I want to frame a new polygon, not fill it, and just paint the lines on the polygon black and have it just sit on the outside of the existing objects. If the melt analogy doesn't work for you, try this one. I want the polyline tool to put down a bead of toothpaste on the outside of the car. it sticks to the outside surface.

For that matter, is their a way to make the polyline thicker/wider? In lieu of these options what is the best way to to get lines onto the vehicle? I mean look at this car:

http://military.discovery.com/techno...er-625x450.jpg

the edge of the door is black, and the body is almost uniform. I'd like to be able to also "paint" the support X's on the door. but the model I have (a conversion from sketchup--> DAE--->FBX-->3DS--> ac3d) it really good, but the polygons that make up the door aren't even close to framing the door. As a result the texture with the texture mapper is all over the place. I can get a nice sand colored texture, but there is no way I'm gonna get the edges for the door.

TIA

- jleslie
jleslie is offline   Reply With Quote