View Single Post
Old 14th January 2015, 12:44 AM   #1
devrich

Default Questions before buying

Hi,

I have heard about AC3D for quite some time and I have looked over your site. I am considering purchasing in the next 3-10 days ( depending on budget ) and I just have a few questions before buying if i may :

1: i have plans to develop on Linux Mint 17.1 64-bit ( ubuntu 14.04 )... Will AC3D work on that distro?

2: Does AC3D do keyframe skeletal animations from scratch like fragmotion? For years I have used fragmotion to create my own skeletal animations with boned rigs of whatever models or characters I use ( for example rigging a airplane hanger to open two large side doors like french doors )

3: Does AC3D export in any of these formats: .FBX, .DAE, .MS3D, .B3D, or some kind of OGRE3D file format ?

4: I see on the buy page "AC3D Personal license" and "AC3D Group licenses" and i'm trying to figure out what to do:
....Essentially; I have a linux computer that I want to install AC3D to _but_ this computer is ( for security purposes ) not connected to the internet.

4a: What AC3D license type do I purchase and

4b: How would I be able to use it on my offline linux pc ?

4c: How long will the license be good for?

4d: Do I get free upgrades during the license time?

5: If / when i decide to upgrade to a brand new DD4 latest generation PC computer, it will have 100% all new hardware. How would I go about transfering my license to work on that machine?

6: Forgot to ask; does AC3D import or export animations in .BVH or other file formats?

Many thanks for your patience

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I have a couple website related bugs to report:

Bug1: i went to the BUY page: http://www.inivis.com/buy.html and clicked on the "NEW! AC3D 7.3 Now Available NEW!" link and then it takes me to the 7.2 forum post with the TARDIS: http://www.inivis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6875

Bug2: Then I went to register on the forums and i clicked on the link for the register.php page and i got 3 php errors, i had them in a text editor yesterday but apparently forgot to save it and today i found that my forum account was approved.

you might want to attempt to register on the forums to see the errors; they are "php" errors and i am assuming that maybe your server's php.ini is configured to show php erros to html which is usually the case in my past experience: "display_errors" if set to true will display php erros as part of the html output "to the screen" vs in a php error log.

HTH

p.s. you should feel free to edit this post of mine to remove the website bug list if you wish

Last edited by devrich; 14th January 2015 at 01:01 AM. Reason: typos and added question 5 and 6
devrich is offline   Reply With Quote