View Single Post
Old 30th July 2005, 02:55 PM   #2
Dennis
Professional user

Default Re: Plugins 5.021

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_ac3d
I've tried installing a plugin call "quickgrid" I'm running AC3d on Linux (fedora 3)

I don't see quickgrid listed in the either the Help/About Plugins or under Tools

I moved it from the /ac3dlx/plugins to ac3dlx/tcl and still it is not listed
The QuickGrid plugin is actually a script-only plugin --- to get it functioning, it should go into a "scripts" folder in your ac3d directory. I'm not familiar with Linux installs of AC3D, but it sounds like you don't have a "scripts" folder??? If not, try creating one and placing it there --- otherwise, Andy or another Linux user may have to advise here.

The QuickGrid plugin will not show up in the "about plugins" dialog --- none of the scripts I've personally written for AC3D place an entry there.

The additional plugins you see in the "about plugins" list are normally exporters/importers, and will be found in the Export sub-menu, or will show up as a file type when you perform an "Import".

Plugins (versus scripts) are usually placed in the "plugins" folder. Most of the time, these plugins will be under the "Tools" menu, but check the docs for the specific plugin when in doubt.

Most plugins will show up in the Tools menu, but check the docs for the specific plugin to make sure.

Hope this helps,
Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote