View Single Post
Old 14th July 2007, 05:45 AM   #8
radrawing

Default Re: A face from a photo

Hi Andy, Lisa

Andy
I have contacted BMP2CNC to ask about the ASII type files but I don’t think I will be having much joy. There support is rubbish. I have asked for help on various occasions and no replies.
Here are three pics from the program of a test face. It takes about 30 seconds to produce from scratch to the cnc Gcode. The pic is the photo, the second is the result and the third is a close up of the map. Can you see my point. The pupils in the eyes will look weird.

Lisa
Router CNC machines are so easy to make. My first was out of MDF with tubes and skate bearings for the slides OK. My next was out of steel and hard wood. I can cut 400x700x100. On this one I have purchased some special linear bearings. Wow what a difference. The tolerance I about 0.30mm. My next machine will be aluminium. You make up a sliding xyz axis. The more ridged the better. You use stepper motors to turn the treaded rods. A standard stepper with one pulse from the computer will turn 1.8deg. You turn a nut on a rod at 1.8deg and you get a very small movement. Steppers are from £10 up. Next, the drive board. I bought a kit from hobby cnc USA.
Then a computer. Then the software to read the Gcode. I purchased MACH3 from Artsoft. Now you need software to produce your images. It’s a fantastic hobby. Go to google a search hobby cnc, cnc zone. Look in goggle pictures.

The last pic is my latest customers house plaque. Here it is before the cut.

I don't know if you will see the pics as this site is saying it's having problems.

Roger
radrawing is offline   Reply With Quote