View Single Post
Old 5th September 2008, 08:54 PM   #1
lisa
Professional user

Default Texturing\TCE Video

Not quite a tutorial per se, but here's some uneditted video of me doing a quick-and-dirty texture job on a car. It might be helpful for some of you looking for hints on how to use the TCE.

Each video is about 1 to 3 minutes long.

Step 1
Parcel up the car into sections by assigning a material to each "region" that I want to texture. This makes it quicker to recall selections later with "select surfaces with this material".

Step 2
Commit subdivisions. Then open the TCE and apply a projection to each of the regions I created in step 1. In this case, the car is pretty flat and I'm not doing anything complicated, so a simple planar projection will do the trick.

Step 3
Make sure all of the surfaces are mapped the right direction by applying a utility texture and making sure none of the text on the texture is backwards. Flip or rotate any surfaces that are going the wrong way.

Step 4
Apply a checkerboard utility texture and make sure each section of the texture map is scaled appropriately. In this case, I want everything scaled to be about the same size.

Step 5
Play tetris with the pieces of the map until they all fit neatly into the square and use as much of the map as possible. Finish up by copying the uv map to the clipboard so I can paste it into Corel for painting.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote