Thread: Object flickers
View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2012, 11:31 AM   #2
jayd
Expert member

Default Re: Object flickers

i was just wandering aimlessly through the forum and saw your post. First, I don't think its an AC3D issue as the build (the model) looks fine but it does look like you have a texturing issue--also, if the texture contains an alpha channel it might give you problems which is why i like all my textures to be .bmp.

Even though you have a repeat (continuously running texture) it does not look seamless. YOu might want to try to take your texture into photoshop or gimp and see if you can create it as a seamless texture then convert it to a .bmp file and then reapply. Don't know if it will work for you but it has worked for me in the past.

You can create seamless textures in photoshop (there are tuts online for that) or gimp has a create seamless feature under its filters. You can also use a free pc only product called texture lab which does a decent job--look for it as its free software.

Lastly, if its is the model itself causing the flicker--try checking the position of your axis-generally a flicker is caused by an object not being correctly aligned and two planes might be overlapping.

the only other thing is that it could be a glitch in the engine and in that case you might want to look about for a patch.

hope this helps and good luck.
jayd is offline   Reply With Quote