View Single Post
Old 27th October 2009, 04:53 PM   #2
lisa
Professional user

Default Re: "New kid, in town..." at the AC3D ranch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignGuy169 View Post
ould someone tell me why AC3D seems to not save textures upon reopening a file even tho' its help file says it does?
Make sure you don't have spaces in the folder/file name. Something that causes troubles.

Also, try putting the textures in the same folder as the model.

Quote:
If I save a file right before exiting - why does the app ask right away if I want to save the unsaved changes? If I just saved it, uh...
I don't know. I always just save it again anyway because I'm paranoid about my files. :-)

Quote:
If there's no provision for this in AC3D, is there a workaround to do this: I must be able to set ambient color of assigned textures to 1 (before making an Ogre mesh). How can I do that?

And in using AC3D to make models and then Ogre meshes, anyone know if one should (or must) triangulate all faces before sending it out as Ogre mesh? I did when trying small test mesh, and triangulation worked fine of course - but, does one have to - do you know?
I'm not sure about Ogre in specific, but most game engines are happiest with triangulated faces. Practically all of them triangulate the model before it gets sent to the video card anyway due to how the video hardware works.

Quote:
And what's a Greeble - is that the word?
Greebles and nurnies are all the bits of senseless detail that cover sci-fi spacecraft and futuristic cities that give them character. Think of all the hoses, ductwork, odd panels, radar dishes and other parts that coat the surface of the Death Star or a Borg ship. All that collective stuff is referred to as "greebles".

The greeble tool lets you quickly add all that stuff to your model. By default, it creates rectangular/panel-like greebles, but you can tag any model to be used as a greeble by putting //CUSTOM_GREEBLE in the object properties of a mesh and enabling custom greebles in the dialog.

It's very handy for making sci-fi stuff, but the greeble tool can be used for other things, too. For example, you can make a pile of leaves or stones by making a leaf or stone greeble, then applying the greeble tool to a model of a smooth pile. Saves a ton of time over placing stacks of leaves by hand.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote