View Single Post
Old 20th July 2012, 04:11 PM   #3
Noob
Advanced member

Default Re: Define Seams for LSCM Mapping

Thank you very much for the detailed tutorial, that sounds like it might be a much better method than what I was doing for that type of model (leaving the model alone and mapping/painting one set of faces at a time). The only thing that I don't really understand is how you set the UVs on the original model -- unless I'm missing something major it looks like you'd have to go back and re-map each face.

I don't really have too much trouble mapping simple (and not so simple) things like cars or airplanes with the existing tools, the only thing I'd love to use LSCM mapping for is character faces. Being able to set a seam on the back and sides of a head would make it a lot easier for me to map the face (although maybe my problem is just because that's how I learned to do it in Blender).

Additionally, the existing LSCM implementation seems slightly "off" from what I'm used to. In Blender, this unwraps symmetrically while in AC3D it looks a little wonky.

Last edited by Noob; 20th July 2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Added additional information.
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote