View Single Post
Old 8th May 2007, 02:16 PM   #6
dropstitch

Default Re: A work in progress..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightoftheroundtable View Post
Looks pretty good. How ever I am a big sceptic I know your new and all dont take this the wrong way. But how long did it actually take you to make it what did you use for a reference picture?
Thanks for the comment, sorry I didn't clear it up initially.

Basicly, I sketched out the basic body-frame and shell on paper, then mapped out just about anything from rounded edges to extrusions on it. I then used 3DS Max to create the basic shell of all the pieces from the left and right hangar bays to the engines. This took about a month and a half in between work and commitments! - I then discovered AC3D and used it to add in the hull details, antennae and other stuff.. and discovered I could do it much quicker because of how simplistic the interface is and how easy to use it makes everything.

After adding in the detail, I welded most of the larger parts together but kept it overly broken up to allow for radical changes. I used stills from the show Atlantis to get the scale of everything, then added in most of the details different from the main show's version to make it more unique. Overall taking about four months to get about 60% of the way there, now I'll sort out all my scaled textures in Photoshop and CorelDraw and start to add them in.
dropstitch is offline   Reply With Quote