View Single Post
Old 9th May 2007, 11:49 AM   #8
nightoftheroundtable
Professional user

Default Re: A work in progress..

okay thanks for clearing it up mate. Looks awsome as everyone else stated. More updates please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropstitch View Post
Thanks for the comment, sorry I didn't clear it up initially.

Basicly, I sketched out the basic body-frame and shell on paper, then mapped out just about anything from rounded edges to extrusions on it. I then used 3DS Max to create the basic shell of all the pieces from the left and right hangar bays to the engines. This took about a month and a half in between work and commitments! - I then discovered AC3D and used it to add in the hull details, antennae and other stuff.. and discovered I could do it much quicker because of how simplistic the interface is and how easy to use it makes everything.

After adding in the detail, I welded most of the larger parts together but kept it overly broken up to allow for radical changes. I used stills from the show Atlantis to get the scale of everything, then added in most of the details different from the main show's version to make it more unique. Overall taking about four months to get about 60% of the way there, now I'll sort out all my scaled textures in Photoshop and CorelDraw and start to add them in.

add this to your signature if you are a thinker.

Quote from me Daniel Reed a.k.a "nightoftheroundtable"
nightoftheroundtable is offline   Reply With Quote