Thread: Bone animation
View Single Post
Old 17th February 2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Edymnion
Professional user

Default Re: Bone animation

Comes up all the time.

The answer is "AC3D was not written to support animation of any kind. To do so would require a complete rewrite of the entire program from the ground up."

Aka, not gonna happen any time soon. What I would like to see though is a sister program that has the animation stuff but not the modelling. Build your mesh in AC3D, then open it up with say "AC3D Animator" to rig and animate with.

If you've ever used Paintshop Pro and Animation Shop, thats the kind of setup I'd like to see. PSP has all the creative power, while Animation shop just has the bare essentials, but it lets you animate stuff.

A stand alone AC3D sister program that just allows for vertex manipulation (which would be required for animation) that would let you do nothing but animate and smooth out the mesh when it pinches would be quite welcome.
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the syrup of cola that thoughts acquire speed, the ears acquire ringing, the ringing becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind into motion.
Edymnion is offline   Reply With Quote