View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2012, 08:26 AM   #1
Hans_Petter
Advanced member

Default The ver. 7 LSCM unwrapping

Since I bought a license for the latest ver. 7 I've tried to figure out the LSCM unwrapping. What I need to do is to adjust the texture mapping of (a group of) individual surfaces on a curved object. I can do this fairly well the old way by selecting surfaces and then skewing / repositioning / rotating in Texture Coordinate Editor. When I click the LSCM unwrap I basically get back to a fresh remapping of the surfaces from a (near) perpendicular angle (bottom or top for a bottom surface). When I resize, move, rotate and flip (as required) this green selection I get to where I would be with any other individual fresh selection / dedicated surface texture adjustment. Am I missing some new handles here? There should be more to the LSCM unwrapping unless my selected areas are too close to being a straight "bottom" mapping in the first place, thus not requiring LSCM.

We may need a revised online manual or a tutorial on this one, unless it's already there and I've failed to spot it. This is my current challenge: I have a globally mapped model that needs individual mapping of a few problem areas. As I've added details to the texture (rivets etc) I noticed that the global mapping was insufficient.
Hans_Petter is offline   Reply With Quote