View Single Post
Old 25th October 2003, 11:46 AM   #3
Steven
Advanced member

Default Re: HOW to EXPORT AC3D 3D-Models to 2D-ANIMATED-SPRITES

NICE DEMO ANDY!

Effectively the command "copy-3d-win-to-clipboard" works much better! I admit I have not remark this command that would have made my demo picture much more easier... mea culpea!

From what I understand in the following explanation, is that:

1) We can create patch using a language called TCI/TK
2) We place the patch code that we have program in the "\TCL" directory where we install AC3D. (in my case it would be C:\Program Files\AC3D\TCL)
3) We can call it "patch.tcl" or is it mandatory to call it "patch"?

Am I right ? Whenever I want to create a patch, it must be place in a file named "patch.tcl" and if I want to create other patches, I must append them to "patch.tcl" ???

I must say that I know nothing about TCI/TK, but I look at some *.TCL files in the TCL directory and I was suprise to see that it is a text (ascii) type of file. Not binary! That is the language is not compiled!

Does this mean that if I know how to program in TCI/TK that I could write some code in a text file and add some functionnality to AC3D?

For example to completely automate the 3D model to 2D sprites, I just need to write a patch file (say called "3Dmodel-to-2DspritesAnm") and place it in a AC3D\TCL or AC3D\LIB directory to get a new function in AC3D...

Is it the way it works?

Thanks very much

Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote