Go Back   AC3D Forums > Technical > AC3D Developers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th October 2004, 03:20 AM   #1
ihudol

Default More info about SDK. Where?

Is it just me or there is not a lot of info about AC3D SDK to non-registered users. I would like to use AC3D modeler for my diploma work but I can not find more info about what you can do with AC3D SDK.

The modeling in AC3D is fine for my diploma work but I need to add some functionality like loading a model from database and adding custom object type..

If someone has some more info or any kind of docs please let me know.

Thank you.

Regards, Igor
ihudol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 03:35 AM   #2
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Yes - the SDK is for registered users only. Unless you have a licence, you can't use it.

You have full access to the whole of AC3D from the SDK. Plugins are very easy to write.

Import and export is easy but it's not neat to add another object type. What sort of object-type do you want to add?

Andy
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 04:09 AM   #3
ihudol

My diploma work is based around real-time 3D warehouse representation. So I have created a basic 3D engine with support for loading and displaying AC3D files. Now what I have to do is define locations in my 3D warehouse model. Let me explain little more how I will try to do that. First you simply load AC3D model of your warehouse then you add locations to this model. Locations are simply cube primitive but with some more properties like ID, width, height, ... So what I would like to do is that usere can add this locations (cube) and when selected they can set some custom properties.

Thank you

Regards, Igor
ihudol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 04:57 AM   #4
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

I recommend using the object data string for storing your data. This can be edited from tools->object-property-editor.

If you provide a number of basic objects with preset data, your users can duplicate/position these where they want.

With a little knowledge of tcl/tk, you can write a custom UI thats puts the data you want in this attribute.

The object data string is saved in the .ac file, so it's easy to add support in your .ac file loader.

Andy
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote