Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th September 2008, 02:42 PM   #1
proximulator

Default how to prepare surfaces for applying a texture

Hello,

I start with the SL sphere, I sculpt my object, during this process i divide some loops. When i am done - i take a look in the TCE (F10) and i see many surfaces with different height/width (since i divided loops). So far all is clear.

Now, I am going to assign a texture file for my object (Object->Texture->Load Texture) and start painting in photoshop. But the texture is spreading unevenly on the surface.

I was wondering whether in TCE is some kind of a normalization process which makes all surfaces same height/width automatically. Since especially after dividing loops - they are very differently sized. As far as i understand - that will also give me more evenly spread texture i am applying on the object. Since all surfaces on the object I tried to place as evenly as possible (same size).

Thank you.
proximulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 06:16 PM   #2
lisa
Professional user

Default Re: how to prepare surfaces for applying a texture

Not that I'm aware of... someone else may have some ideas on this.

If the texture is too difficult to paint, the texture baker plugin can help with this. Duplicate your object, re-map it with something easier to paint even if it's not a valid sculpty uv, then when you are done painting bake the texture from the proxy object back onto your sculpty. Makes it much easier to paint, especially when the map is warped.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote