Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd January 2004, 09:13 PM   #1
mconn1
Expert member

Default copying textures

On a current model I'm making I'm reusing the same texture for several surfaces. What I was wondering is there any way to just copy and paste the selection in the TCE and apply it to another surface? That way I don't have to realign everything each time I lay in another texture.
mconn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2004, 01:26 AM   #2
-WOODY-
Professional user

Default Re: copying textures

Once the texture is laid to your model, there shouldn't be any problem. Just select whatever surface on the model you want to adjust the texture to. Don't select it in object mode, but surface mode.
You can now bring up the TCE and apply and adjust as you like. If you're modeling a box and want to change the texutre on the left side, you can just select the left side surface, bring up your TCE then drag a selection box over the area in surface mode. In your mapping options, just select "side" then you can further adjust it.
Old 24th January 2004, 02:27 PM   #3
mconn1
Expert member

Default Re: copying textures

Thanks Woody,

You almost have the idea there. I'm texturing a torus and the shapes are identical. What I wanted to do is make each surface of the torus have the same section of the texture. I can only use one texture file so all of my textures have to reside in the one png file. AC3D makes all new selected surfaces start in the lower left corner of the texture file. So if I could get the TCE to replicate the same adjustments and placement as the previous surface I just mapped. This would make my job that much easier.
mconn1 is offline   Reply With Quote