Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Work In Progress / Showcase
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd May 2011, 11:01 AM   #21
MILT40
Professional user

Default Re: Woman (Warning: Barbie Doll Nudity)

Nice work,love the hair,clothing & character.You really put a lot of work into this. What are you going to do next?

MILT40
MILT40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 04:23 PM   #22
Edymnion
Professional user

Probably just take what I learned from this one and start a new one. Or refine this one some more. Or work on my own hair, I need the practice there still.

Might take a break from scratch work for a bit and make some Poser props or something.
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the syrup of cola that thoughts acquire speed, the ears acquire ringing, the ringing becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind into motion.
Edymnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:32 PM   #23
MILT40
Professional user

Why not send her over to Poser and create a bone structure for her.It's just a thought.
MILT40
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:40 PM   #24
MILT40
Professional user

But on the other hand,I've been working with Poser for about two years and I still haven't got the hang of all it yet. But if you got any pointers that you would like to share please feel free to pass them on.Thanks.

MILT40
Old 5th May 2011, 09:44 AM   #25
Edymnion
Professional user

Didn't realize I could rig a mesh in Poser...
I'll have to see if there's a way to import the standard bones from Victoria or one of the other base females. Don't wanna have to rig her from scratch if I don't have to.

In the mean time, while my office is being treated for toxic levels of mold (whoops), I've been toying with this mesh instead of working (or at least a good 50/50 split). Got it skinned (I tweaked a skin from DAZ, shhh... just don't tell them that) and worked on the face and upper torso some more to make it a little less "off" looking. Also threw in some censor boxes since its skinned now, and doesn't exactly qualify as "barbie doll nudity" anymore. Not 100% on what the forum rules are as far as this sort of thing goes, so better safe than sorry.

And I'm still having the devil of a time with eyelash transpariences. I guess I'll have to break down and do my own vector work for those. And probably need to bring the jawline up a bit under her ears... being a perfectionist sucks. =P
Attached Images

It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the syrup of cola that thoughts acquire speed, the ears acquire ringing, the ringing becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind into motion.

Last edited by Edymnion; 5th May 2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 9th May 2011, 04:55 PM   #26
Edymnion
Professional user

There, no more baldy. I've also totally left the general age I was shooting for when I started this (was going for petite adult) and have gone straight into early teens by giving her pigtails.

I'm not 100% happy with it, but at least its something I made and not a borrowed Poser mesh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Girl3.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	2279  

Attached Images

Last edited by Edymnion; 9th May 2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 9th May 2011, 06:35 PM   #27
Edymnion
Professional user

Oh sweet Lord, that was too damned close.

Vista just decided to "forget" that my .ac file for this mesh, the subfolder with it's textures, everything even existed. They vanished from the directory, there were no deleted files I could recover, nothing. Its like the entire thing just suddenly ceased to exist.

Finished a system restore, still can't see my files for this model in explorer, but at least it restored them enough for AC3D and my image software to see the files again. Needless to say I immediately saved copies of everything to an external thumbdrive and sent Microsoft a "WTF?" letter.

I would say to make sure you back your stuff up in multiple places if you're using Vista, but seeing as how it wiped out files in entirely different directories, I don't think it will help.
Old 9th May 2011, 11:33 PM   #28
MILT40
Professional user

Great job,she looks fantastic.
Old 10th May 2011, 09:23 PM   #29
Edymnion
Professional user

Bah, I've been thinking it ever since I made that swimsuit, so fine, I'll just do it and get it out of my system...
I'll admit though, I'm not looking forwards to that pleated skirt... or the bows for that matter. Never made a big bow before, should be interesting.
Attached Images

Last edited by Edymnion; 10th May 2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11th May 2011, 12:53 PM   #30
MILT40
Professional user

The pleated skirt isn't that hard to make.Just make the skirt of your choice and when you are finished,select every other row of vertices in a vertical direction and resize inward. This is what I did and you can see an example Posted on 23rd April 2009, 09:13 PM , that's titled...,(Grouping and confomring clothing).I just made one in about five minutes.I hope this can be some help to you. As for the bows,I have no idea.
MILT40