Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th August 2005, 12:33 PM   #1
TheRetiredSailor

Default Minor User Interface Changes

Hello all,

I will say right off that I am very impressed with AC3D and have used it quite a bit for modeling rooms, interior scenes and small props for use in Poser and DAZ|Studio.

There are a couple of things that I would like to see improved on.

First, if you click in one of the numeric input boxes on the left side you can input the dimention, scale value, position value, etc. My problem is minor, however I move the mouse pointer out of the way out of habit so that I can see what I'm typing. The problem is that the numeric input stops if you move the mouse outside of the left hand section. It would be nice if there was some way of leaving the numeric input "turned on."

Next, I would like to see Fit to Selection zoom in on the selected object when used in the 3D window like it does in the Ortho window. Once again, a minor thing but this would be a small time saver.

Lastly (and not so minor), a text input screen similar to the one at the bottom of AutoCAD where you could input text commands for functions (i.e. typing in "surface" to select surface mode) would really rock for us long-time CAD users.

Thanks for even minor consideration. Good job on AC3D to Andy and the "boys."