Go Back   AC3D Forums > Resources > AC3D Tutorials and How-To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th August 2010, 07:38 PM   #1
James

Default AC3d Morphing programs

Is there any plugin available for:

a) a morphing application that creates a simplified subdivided box around a figure (regardless of its complexity) and allows the user to move small sections (or whole sides) of this box's frame which in turn manipulate all the vertices/surfaces/shapes in the closest area corresponding to the figure inside? 3d Modeller has this function (but their interface sucks) and it gives you the ability to squash/push/pull/pinch/resize,etc. your figure along whole areas smoothly (i.e. making a house drip like syrup down an hourglass waist, swelling a creature's head like a polyp or streamlining vehicles at one move). I have asked about this a few times and I have not gotten any response, or even a definite 'no'. Maybe that 'supercoldmilk.com' guy has something. If not, would someone please give me a simple step-by-step of how to export my AC3d files to 3d Modeller (which I would get if only for this function) and then import them back to AC3d?

b) an application similar in concept to the one above except it morphs entire complex models along curvilinear paths. Example: I have a very complex sci-fi desert caravan with wagons, beasts, vehicles, etc. I would like to be able to make the whole thing snake along the sands at one session without having to rotate/move each and every figure (including rotating axles/necks, etc.!!). The caravan is long and wide enough that the curves produced would not distort each components enough to look 'wrong'. If any other program has this (that's compatible with AC3d) I would love to hear about it.

Any suggestions would be very gratefully appreciated.

Please send any responses to proteus19m@yahoo.com

James
boilerroomproductions.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote