Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th September 2008, 09:59 PM   #1
Merrie
Expert member

Question Box and Picture

I am creating a virtual tour and wanted to ask, I create a box, (for the room) then made a rectangle, then put the picture I wanted to display on it, (Object >Texture) then set the rectangle back into the box on the wall like a hanging picture.

Now I can't group the two, but when I exported and put into my game engine the rectangle was blank. I feel I'm not doing this correctly, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Merrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 01:19 PM   #2
lisa
Professional user

Default Re: Box and Picture

Which engine are you using for your tour?

Common game\3D engine considerations:

- Are your textures square powers of two? (ie. 2x2, 4x4, 8x8x... 256x256, 512x512, etc.) Many game engines only support or only perform optimally with square-powers-of-two for textures.

- Is your picture completely flat? If so, how far is it from the wall? It could be disappearing due to z-fighting. Fixes: Move it further from the wall, or apply a z-bias. (Not all engines support z-bias, but in those that do, that generally fixes it even if the surfaces are right on top of each other.)

- What export format are you using? Some file formats may be merging the model. Many engines, like AC3D itself, can only do one texture per mesh. You may need to choose a file format that supports a hierarchy. Otherwise, many engines will allow you to pull in each piece as a separate file.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 01:26 PM   #3
Merrie
Expert member

Default Re: Box and Picture

I got it figured out, Im using DXStudio engine. I forgot to set a texture and UV map in AC3D before I exported.
Merrie is offline   Reply With Quote