Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st December 2008, 10:56 AM   #1
dt76

Default help a newbie please

Hi folks i am new to all this stuff and i was wondering, can anyone tell me how to export/upload things like avatars and models into second life please? cus i am just not getting it. any help would be greatly appreciated.
dt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 03:41 PM   #2
lisa
Professional user

Default Re: help a newbie please

Well, there's several tutorials about, but the best place to start is probably here:
http://www.inivis.com/secondlife.html
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2008, 08:41 AM   #3
dt76

Thank you Lisa it is appreciated. is there one for exporting Avatar shapes as well please? as i was thinking of using the models in the AC3D library to create some but dont know how to export them to sl. If you or any one can help it would be appreciated.
Old 28th December 2008, 04:44 PM   #4
Kireyo
Expert member

Not quite sure what you want but....

you can only modify/create an avatar's shape with the appearance tool in SecondLife.
You can add attachments, skins and clothing to change the look of your avatar. Attachments can be sculpted prims, and this is where AC3D can be used.

The sample avatar model that is included with AC3D can be used to make a texture for clothing or skins, e.g. you can make a texture in Photoshop or Gimp or whatever, and apply it to the avatar model in AC3D to see what it looks like.

Hope this helps.
Kireyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2008, 07:32 PM   #5
dt76

ok so one of the things i wanted to do for instance was create kind of face masks but with little twists like over large hooked noses and deep brows for instance, second life only allows you to go to certain extremes but me being me i want to push the boundaries and i figured, cut the face off of the human model in the library and play around with that but it always gets screwed up when i try to upload it to SL, in all honesty i am a bit of a big dummy when it comes to this stuff but i really want to learn. so if you folks can help i would appreciate it. i thank you for all the help you have given me so far.