Go Back   AC3D Forums > Resources > AC3D Tutorials and How-To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th March 2008, 11:59 AM   #1
cycras
Advanced member

Default want to melt 2 objects together?

well i got two smoth subdevided objects cos im trying to get human a base down that i will be ably to easily alter so i cna make 100's of different people ina matter of minuts for each 1, well any hooo im up to puting the head, neck and torso together, and i want to know a easy way to sort of like jsut melt the two objects together to a certain degree, like heres what i got so far, so you can sww what i want,

ive tryed oblien, union or what ever.. it screws up my model soooo much, like it put holes in places, ruins my bottom lip, so is there an eisier way,
cycras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 12:56 PM   #2
Edymnion
Professional user

Default Re: want to melt 2 objects together?

Depends on what you want to do with them. I'll assume from the level of subdivision that you want them to be smooth and pretty looking, in which case you're outta luck. The only way to put them together the way you want is to weld vertexes together, merging the pieces into one object, then running optimize vertexes/surfaces to make it all blend together.

To my knowledge there is no "take this round object and merge it into this square object" feature in AC3D. Not a bad idea for a plugin though.
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the syrup of cola that thoughts acquire speed, the ears acquire ringing, the ringing becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind into motion.
Edymnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 01:14 PM   #3
cycras
Advanced member

lol, i need that imaginary patch that only exists in my head!!!, and for any 1 who wanna make this plug in, make it so you can alter the amount in which it melts (praying to jesus some kind stranger will): D
Old 30th March 2008, 06:37 AM   #4
lisa
Professional user

Here's a trick that sometimes works:

- Select the vertices along the edge of the two objects you want to join
- From the menu, choose Vertex > Create Convex Surface / Object

It only works for convex shapes, but it's helpful for some things.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2008, 09:38 AM   #5
cycras
Advanced member

i dont think that'll work with sub-devided items, well heres what i got so far, i kinda made it pretty smoth so its not that noticable,

and here the worst angle i could find,

soo its not THAT bad, i used the unit feature for the arms so the body it worked pretty well its just the face, when i go obline unit, its makes holes ever were in the face