Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th May 2005, 10:25 AM   #1
cyris69
Advanced member

Default A few things

I would like to see mostly new light sources. This would make it so much easier than finding coords for lighting and putting it in povray. I'm lazy what can I say . Having all the light sources from povray integrated into ac3d would be amazing and including light rotation.

Another thing would be maybe a real time render option.

I would also like maybe a plugin or something that would allow you to see what the povray code is doing to your objects like when you type stuff into object properties. I'm sure this wouldn't be easy.

There are a lot of things that could be added but I think the main issue is the lack of lighting options. This really affects my photon mapping. I real new to using photons and getting that ultra bright arealight even when you don't add lights in ac3d but they show up in povray.

Amazing job guys keep up the good work!
cyris69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 11:35 AM   #2
PerFnurt
Expert member

Hmmm, not sure this gives exactly what you ask for, but the PfPOV plug in might at least help you some with what you're trying to do.

I wrote it mainly because I work rather iteratively:
* model some
* generate .pov
* fiddle with the .pov
* model some more
* generate .pov
* fiddle with the .pov
* model some more
* etc...

I wanted a way to generate the .pov without losing the stuff I'd done manually in the .pov.

So, the main thing with it is - you can do all kind of crazy lighting and stuff in the .pov without being afraid to lose it when you generate it again.

Hmmm, perhaps doesn't solve your problem at all ... oh well anyway
for more info see http://www.perfnurt.se/pfpov.asp

www.perfnurt.se
PerFnurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 01:14 PM   #3
cyris69
Advanced member

Default I see

I have came accross your plugin. I'm not to advanced when it comes to Povray. I have just started to get the hang of AC3D. I understand how your plugin would help. But it seems to me that its trail/error lol. Which I allways do anyways. Thanks for you response. I hope that these things may come to be in the future.

I also was thinking of making a physics plugin for objects(if i had any idea how to).Or someone could make it.
This program would allow you to select an object (s) and select physics which would drop the object until it hits another surface. For examples you want a jar full of marbles you could select the marbles and then use the plugin to drop the marbes into the jar. Or select whatever you want and have options for the funtion like so in the jar example have the marbles move toward the base of the jar and once a marbles touches the base it starts the collision for the rest of the marbles to stop and look realistic.
This would help I think in a big way for many ppl.
cyris69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 01:45 PM   #4
PerFnurt
Expert member

MegaPOV has extensive support for physics.

For example check out the quite cool mechism demos:

http://megapov.inetart.net/samples.html

www.perfnurt.se
PerFnurt is offline   Reply With Quote