Go Back   AC3D Forums > Resources > AC3D Tutorials and How-To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd November 2011, 11:50 AM   #1
Diablobo

Default Sculpties: Making one sculptmap from several objects

I'm sorry if I'm repeating someone else's post, I couldn't find how to do this. I've seen some avatars that have parts that looks like it's made of individual sculpties, but it's actually one sculpted, but looks like it's 3-4 different objects somehow on the same sculpt map. I'm wondering how this is done and if AC3D can do it.

The sculpt map itself looks like several sculpt maps squished together on a single image. I tried to do this in photoshop with less than successful results.

Any advice would be appreciated
Diablobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 07:45 PM   #2
jayd
Expert member

Default Re: Sculpties: Making one sculptmap from several objects

Hi i just saw your post that you places millions of years ago but i thought you deserved some kind of answer.

in Second Life or in any virtual grid, you can take and object by dividing it into individual pieces or slices. So you have a cube for example, in your modeler, you can divide it up and shape each individual piece ( a one prim chair or a one prim ladder for example).

to do this you have to select a line of vertices and then scale the down to zero so that you are left with a very thin line between the two divided pieces. Next, just shape those slices into whatever you want and then put together the pieces and you have your one prim object. I have taken a cube and made five pieces for it before and made myself some nice objects.

HOWEVER

can you do this in AC3D--I have no clue--i have tried to do it with no success so generally i do that kind of fancy footwork in blender.

Hope this helps.
jayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 08:14 PM   #3
jayd
Expert member

Default Re: Sculpties: Making one sculptmap from several objects

ok this is a follow up --i did some playing and yes you can create one a multi object whatever out of one sculpt object.

It's easy but it can slow down your system--it would be fun if the developers could work on this.

1. import your sculpt default object--i imported the cube

2. you want to be in the vertices mode so click that button

3 looking at the panel to your left, make sure that your scale is set to 0,0,0. DO NOT push the scale button yet.

4. go to the top to the menu for surface and you will need to DIVIDE (NOT subdivide) at least 4-5 times to get the number of vertices you need to pull off this trick.

5. Select THREE Rows of vertices

6. go to scale which you have set to 0,0,0

7. Push the scale button

8 build your parts, put them together and you have a one prim object.

WARNING--this method can kill your memory so make sure all your other apps are off---and you will have to practice this--but it will work.

Lastly, a one prim object is certainly cool but it really is not necessary to do it--the more pieces you have that are separate (not made out of one object) the easier it will be to texture so if you want to really do it and you can in AC3D--have at it and good luck!
jayd is offline   Reply With Quote