Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th March 2011, 03:17 PM   #1
Cheewha Palen

Default older versions?

I have a license but am now told that I need to purchase another. I am not interested in doing this where can I download an older version that my license works with?

I consider licenses to be lifetime especially when purchased at 75 usd, and personally think this is in poor taste.

Thank you for your time.

*edit* I found Version 6.4 here:

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=download&file=5013

Andy, my apology your product is wonderful, but you are asking those of us who use your product in Second Life who have no need for ninety percent of the features offered to repurchase a license when even more unused features are added is not really kosher, especially when this community (SL) has done so much to support this product. Please consider offering this older version for download on your site.

Last edited by Cheewha Palen; 26th March 2011 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Added info...
Cheewha Palen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 02:25 AM   #2
Cheewha Palen

Thumbs down Re: older versions?

*Rant*

I figured out why you have not responded to this post, Andy. Because you have rigged the older license keys to no longer validate older versions of your product! Not only are you attempting to bully customers who have supported you and used your product since beta to forcibly upgrade but you are also denying them use of older versions.

I will not give you a red cent! I paid you 75 usd for a license I and expect that to work and this attempt to force me to upgrade to a product which again is 90% useless with regard to Second Life is not going to float.

I want my license validated and I want it done today. Otherwise I will do my best within the community to bring awareness to other, more compatible products not owned by you, and urge Second Lifers to steer clear of this product. I have supported this product through and through but no longer.

In contrast I bought a license for Milkshape3d back in 1998 and it is still valid even today. Seriously, what the hell are you thinking?

Last edited by Cheewha Palen; 30th March 2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 30th March 2011, 08:25 AM   #3
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Default Re: older versions?

You need to contact us directly if you require a response- we are usually pretty good that way. Threatening us, as you appear to have done, is not a nice way to behave

We have not rigged anything. A license includes free upgrades and new versions for a minimum of one year. Unless someone is using a pirated license key, it will never time out and will still work with the version you purchased. We always advise our users to keep a copy of the downloads.

From our records, your license was purchased three and a half years ago. We offer a good discounted upgrade license - please see www.inivis.com/upgrade.html
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 06:47 PM   #4
Cheewha Palen

*Not only are you attempting to bully customers who have supported you and used your product since beta to forcibly upgrade but you are also denying them use of older versions.*

I stand by this statement. Calling you out on BS is not "threatening" you. ; )

* Unless someone is using a pirated license key, it will never time out and will still work with the version you purchased*

What exactly are you implying? And why are older versions no longer offered on your site if this is the case?

I have supported and promoted your product since 2007 exclusively. Every opportunity to steer a new persons to your product either through Second Life forum posts, on other blogs, within my store, and in person to anyone seeking a decent and practical mesh modeling program for use with Second Life. It is not your product I have issue with, it is this force upgrade. Rigged, yes. When i try my validation key on 4 older versions and instead of showing status as "registered" it now only states "upgrade key". So no, my valid key is no longer accepted with older versions as you state.

*We offer a good discounted upgrade license - please see www.inivis.com/upgrade.html*

Apparently you have heard nothing I said. This statement above all else validates the fact that you are forcing this upgrade. I am not interested in upgrading and still insist that the license I purchased be validated.
Old 14th July 2011, 11:07 AM   #5
whirabomber

I asked for an older version via email and got this as a response:

Hello xx,
Your license key from 2007 is xxx.

We are unable to provide old versions.

You may upgrade your license at www.inivis.com/upgrade.html.

Kind regards,
Patricia Baileypat@ac3d.org
www.inivis.com

Uhm... I've been an AC3D user since I think 2. something I have used AC3D since the AC3D home page was yellow and green on a black page with screen shots. I used AC3D well before SDOE made it popular. I have pointed anyone who asked what 3D program I used to AC3D, even when it CTD' quicker than I could save.

I didn't raise hell when AC3D told everyone that bought before Inivis "took over" were no longer getting free upgrades for the life of the product and to buy an upgrade, which at the time my understanding was the upgrade price was until 7.0 came out. That appears to have changed. I am not the original poster, but I am also not quite happy with the current situation.

I do understand in the past Andy was hesitant to put older copies of AC3D out due to piracy, but not emailing or linking an older copy to long long long time supporter of AC3D isn't quite the happiness I would expect or actually have grown accustomed to from AC3D.

So hopefully you can understand why some of us are slightly cranky.
whirabomber is offline   Reply With Quote