Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th April 2008, 01:08 PM   #1
glebreck

Default Sculpts in SL always to the right?

I have meade several scults in AC3D and uploaded them to SL. They look exactlyy shape wise as they should. Problem however is that they are never centered. They are always right of center. I have attached an image to show.

I started with a sphere, stretched it and then shaped it. Looks just like i made only off center.
Attached Images

glebreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 08:29 PM   #2
glebreck

Default Re: Sculpts in SL always to the right?

Well what i have found is that when I export as Scultped Prim the above is the result I get. But if I export as Normalized prim it is centered. However I need to stretch out the obiject as exporting it this way squishes it up.
Old 14th April 2008, 06:25 AM   #3
lisa
Professional user

"Normalized" fills the bounding rectangle. Standard leaves the aspect exactly as it is. If you want to use the standard mode, try centering the object to 0,0,0 in AC3D before you export. Also set your object center to 0,0,0. Hopefully that should center it.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 09:54 AM   #4
glebreck

Iset the x, y, z to all 0 and then hit the move button. Upon exporting I still get the same thing. Down and to the right.

Would this have anything to do with stretching the sphere?

edit: what I have found is that depending on the direction I stretch the sphere is related to where it shoes up. i.e. down and to the right or down and to the left.
Is it not possible to stretch the object?

Last edited by glebreck; 14th April 2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 14th April 2008, 06:56 PM   #5
lisa
Professional user

Hmm, *should* be okay... not sure what's going on. Is it offset on all three axis, or just one or two?

FWIW, I usually use "normalized" mode myself. It's a little smoother, but more importantly, it works nicer with the physics system. The non-normalized ones may have invisible areas you can't walk though, because SL makes the bounding box 1x1x1 no matter how much (or how little) of the bounding box is full. SL doesn't trim the bounds.

Normalized mode does have the down side of needing stretched, although in theory (I haven't tried this) you could use the box maker plugin to size all of the sculpties for you. Box maker uses the bounding box of the shape, so I don't think it actually cares what the shape is when it does the layout.
Old 14th April 2008, 06:57 PM   #6
lisa
Professional user

Oh! One other thought... make sure you don't have any stray verts in your scene. I sometimes get those when I click save, because the mouse click event for whatever reason passes through the save dialog sometimes. An extra vertex could be throwing off the bounding box.