Go Back   AC3D Forums > Meeting places > AC3D and X-Plane
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th April 2009, 08:44 AM   #11
rogerThemac

Lightbulb Re: creating .acf files

I have good news and bad news - the bad news is I think I have solved my own problem anyhow, in the short term at least:

The good news is that a Junior Member (at that time anyhow) called donallbaugh from Bay City, MI posted one workaround which is dated 31st August 2007. The post suggests that an objects folder is created in the same folder as your .ACF / aircraft folder. What was then suggested was all misc files, including texture files, go into that misc folder. The final step is supposed to be :- open your aircraft from within Plane - Maker and select the .OBJ file you have created and use the Misc Objects Screen to fine tune where you want your object to be.

I have not tried this so I cannot say if it works. What I am sure of is that Ben S is a very busy person who still has to earn a living regardless of what else 'has' to be done.
rogerThemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 02:41 PM   #12
Chuck Bodeen
Advanced member

Default Re: creating .acf files

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerThemac View Post
I have good news and bad news - the bad news is I think I have solved my own problem anyhow, in the short term at least:

The good news is that a Junior Member (at that time anyhow) called donallbaugh from Bay City, MI posted one workaround which is dated 31st August 2007. The post suggests that an objects folder is created in the same folder as your .ACF / aircraft folder. What was then suggested was all misc files, including texture files, go into that misc folder. The final step is supposed to be :- open your aircraft from within Plane - Maker and select the .OBJ file you have created and use the Misc Objects Screen to fine tune where you want your object to be.

I have not tried this so I cannot say if it works. What I am sure of is that Ben S is a very busy person who still has to earn a living regardless of what else 'has' to be done.

Hi Roger: I'm so sorry that you have been though this mysterious problem. I assumed that you were familiar with the file structure in X-Plane models.
....X-System (or what ever name for the main folder)
..........Aircraft
................Your plane
.......................your.acf
.......................objects
..............................yourObject.obj
..............................yourObject.png (the texture file)
then come other optional folders

Take a look at the structure of some other plane folders.

There is no need to send any questions to Ben as long as this is the main problem.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any more problems with Plane-Maker and/or X-Plane

chuckbodeen@earthlink.net

Last edited by Chuck Bodeen; 16th April 2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: tabs not recognized
Chuck Bodeen is offline   Reply With Quote