Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th December 2006, 11:00 PM   #21
Galun
Expert member

Default Re: Animating

Hey, you guys have more concerns about the economy of AC3D than the devs

Suport for animation (maybe with a limited effort using cal3d or something similar) may raise the user count but I think that's something the producers have to decide.
Galun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2006, 06:35 PM   #22
AndyH
Advanced member

I'm sure what is requested by the users is being read by Andy and yes, at the end of the day it's up to him. don't forget that existing users will be looking for new reasons to keep upgrading too...not just about new users. I'll still keep my fingers crossed that we'll see animation support soon.

Last edited by AndyH; 26th December 2006 at 06:37 PM.
AndyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2006, 08:21 PM   #23
nightoftheroundtable
Professional user

well maybe since pov ray is ac3d counter part. maybe there will be a program that is purely animation that is a counterpart with ac3d.

add this to your signature if you are a thinker.

Quote from me Daniel Reed a.k.a "nightoftheroundtable"
nightoftheroundtable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2007, 09:16 PM   #24
Tristan

simple animation would be nice, but if that would mean boosting the price of the tool... I wouldn't be for it because ac3D is a good modeler at low price. Because let's face it tools like maya.. 3dms... are bullshited priced for hobbyst such as myself.
Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2007, 10:44 AM   #25
Cletus_MacFarmhand
Expert member

I, personally, would love to see an animation feature for AC3D, keyframe is a rather simple method that I'm used to with other animation programs, and as someone has been saying, perhaps animation would be too complex for new users? I doubt that, I found it quite easy to pick up.
Currently, I have no intention of upgrading from 5 to 6, because the new features really aren't a breakthrough for AC3D, but if it were to support animation, I would definitely upgrade, even if the cost goes up, because I'm in desperate need of an animation program, since my last one has a huge glitch to it and I can no longer use it.
Old 23rd January 2007, 08:09 PM   #26
donallabaugh

Thumbs up Re: Animating

I just know I am missing something.....but....
I am using AC3D to build objects for X-plane flight simulator. I have a tool in AC3D that is called 'Create Animation Group'
Now I believe that this tool may be a plugin that is used only for X-Plane modeling.

It does it's job and allows the builder to animated single or multiple parts of the 3D objects. IT is not perfect but after you get the hang of programming the animations they do look pretty good. As with most animations these read information from the host program, when the host program is running , to sync the animations. There was also a tool included that would preview the animations without running X-Plane. I am almost ready to post an aircraft at the x-plane.org site that has multiple animations using these tools.

For Creating X-Plane 3D objects AC3D's main competition is Blender. Blender is an open source 3D modeler that includes a full compliment of animation controls. The biggest issue with Blender is it's rather unique user interface. I have dabble with that program but I do like AC3D's simpler user interface.

I believe that if animation tools were included in AC3D users would learn to use them and like most features some people would only use a few of the tools. But is is always nice to have the choice to use the tools.

Don
donallabaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 03:37 PM   #27
Stiglr
Professional user

You're preaching to the choir here!

I also use Blender (or rather, am attempting to use it) for adding animation for import to a flight simulator. But Blender, even the newer 2.5x versions, is like going to the dentist for a root canal. Complete information overload!!! There is NO WAY I'll ever use it for basic mesh building or texturing.... AC3D is so much more easy to use and work with.

However, it was never planned for AC3D to be a full-featured animator like Max or Blender or Maya. Unfortunately we have to live with that decision.

The X-Plane tools were developed by a 3rd party and grafted onto AC3D for that specific engine. There isn't much support beyond the ability to put those tools into the AC3D interface, I'm afraid.

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
Windows 7
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals

Last edited by Stiglr; 4th July 2011 at 03:40 PM.
Stiglr is offline   Reply With Quote