Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th November 2003, 03:35 PM   #1
Cowboybebop
Professional user

Default AC3D Winter Model-A-thon

I figured it'll be fun to have a friendly year end competition were we recognize and encourage the great artwork being done by AC3d Modelers.

The competition is simply you submitt (post) pictures of works done in AC3d and everyone can vote on a winner. The winners get's a virtual trophy made in AC3d. If we have a good competition maybe we could have them quarterly and Andy possible could set up a awards page listing the winners and their work. 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place and 4th and 5th place runner ups.

Rules
1. AC3d must be used as a primary modeler although use in some other program is allowed but mentioned. Example Pov-ray

2. Do not download and modify a model from the web that's stealing someonne else's work, although If you create a model from a tutorial to use that's fine.

3. All entries must be posted by December 19 with the awards cermony taking place December 22nd. (Dates are Subject to change) Let's keep things friendly and encouraging.
Although not necessary can you please post how long you've ben a 3d modeler and how long you've used AC3d.

Last over 190 people alone have registered on the forums this does not include all AC3d users though with that number of people even if 1/4 of you submitted we could have a huge fun and friendly turn out. One great thing about modeling is Networking, this is where you get acknowledgement of your work, contructive critism and tips and hints on better workflow. And you never know someone may see your work and want to hire you.
Cowboybebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2003, 05:15 PM   #2
Cowboybebop
Professional user

Default Now it's Official

This event has just been ramped up the Prizes now are:

1st Place, 2nd Place and Third Place winners Now recieve a free copy of AC3D Plus a AC3D made Trophy and a pic of your work in the gallery. :shock: So all you 3.6 users who didn't upgrade NOW's YOUR CHANCE!!! Get to contributing! 4.0 Users don't slack either you can give your friends a copy!! Let's get rolling
Old 25th November 2003, 05:53 PM   #3
Razer
Professional user

Default Re: AC3d Winter Model-A-thon

I'm up for it. I need to make some new planes so here is my chance.
Razer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2003, 08:30 PM   #4
-WOODY-
Professional user

Sounds pretty cool. Is Andy a part of this or are you doing this all on your own?
As well, I guess I should of held off on some of my pics. Ah well, I could always create sometin else.

BTW, I don't know how many of you ever check the "Pov-Ray for newbies" section, but I've just created a smoke effect and I wrote a how-to on how to do it toward the bottom of the tut. It's not perfect, but you can play with the settings to get it the way you want. I've left notes by some of the settings to let you know what they're for.
-WOODY- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2003, 03:27 PM   #5
Cowboybebop
Professional user

40 views and 4 post, I need feedback and a head count so please post if your interested.
Old 26th November 2003, 06:08 PM   #6
Dennis
Professional user

Hi cowboy

As a hobbyist game developer, and I use AC3D to develop level and model info for my personal game engine. Unfortunately, I'm in full-on development mode in my spare time, so haven't hit the point where I'm doing a lot of modeling/mapping (just enough for test purposes). However, for the record, I'd definitely be interested in getting into this in the future.

Hope you have a great turnout!

BTW, if this catches on, maybe Andy could get hold of some AC3D merchandise (cups and t-shirts) as prizes. Probably cost more to ship to some customers than the product is worth, since he's pretty much all over the globe, but it still *seems* like a good idea...
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2003, 10:31 PM   #7
Razer
Professional user

well looks like i'm going to enter my P-38 since its too large to use for the game. I'll paint it and include it in some scenes and post renders from WW2
Razer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2003, 06:13 PM   #8
Cowboybebop
Professional user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis
Hi cowboy

As a hobbyist game developer, and I use AC3D to develop level and model info for my personal game engine. Unfortunately, I'm in full-on development mode in my spare time, so haven't hit the point where I'm doing a lot of modeling/mapping (just enough for test purposes). However, for the record, I'd definitely be interested in getting into this in the future.

Hope you have a great turnout!

BTW, if this catches on, maybe Andy could get hold of some AC3D merchandise (cups and t-shirts) as prizes. Probably cost more to ship to some customers than the product is worth, since he's pretty much all over the globe, but it still *seems* like a good idea...
Thanks Dennis!! Be sure to drop by more often, who knows what event's are planned in the future :wink:
Old 27th November 2003, 09:40 PM   #9
gogi
Expert member

:Hi guys,
interesting idea, I will try to do something. Last week I’m struggling to install Vue d’esprit on my machine and it is total nightmare.visiting technical support site and all that.It is totally funny to have totally legit copy and not be able to install it.

:lol:
Old 28th November 2003, 08:17 PM   #10
Cowboybebop
Professional user

Once you get it working Join right in the fun, in the mean time those who can't participate still stick around we need voters.