Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st January 2008, 05:22 PM   #21
UreyP3

Default Re: AC3D under Mac OS X Leopard

Let me add to the problem list - I upgraded to Leopard, and since then, AC3D has been unusable.
1. If I click on the "load textures" option under Objects Menu - it crashes
2. If I do a "Save As..." - it crashes (and sometimes crashes during a simple "save")
3. If I export an X-Plane 8 object - it crashes
4. If I click on the "Help" option in the main window bar - it crashes
5. If I move the cursor over the "Help" option in the main window bar - it crashes
6. As I work on my would-be X-Plane object even though I cannot assign a texture to it and thus cannot actually use it in XPlane - it randomly crashes - cannot pinpoint any specific action or function that precipitates it.

I have downloaded the script patch you offered earlier - it still crashes in all of the above situations, nothing changed.
I re-downloaded AC3D and installed it afresh - still crashes.
I tried the above referenced script in the above referenced newly installed AC3D - still crashes.

I run OS 10.5.1 with 4 gigs ram on a dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5 - and to date, I cannot use AC3D.

I know you are working on it -- you cannot resolve this too soon. Thanks...
UreyP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2008, 05:47 PM   #22
bfeaver
Advanced member

Hmmm? The patch has solved the crashes I was having on save and export. Did you put the script in the ac3d > plugins > *script* folder?

I sympathize with you. This is a very unfortunate bug. AC3D is a tremendous program.

Blue side up,
Bob
bfeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2008, 06:58 PM   #23
UreyP3

Bob - thank you. Yes - the script is in the proper folder. I tried again just now - opened my object, selected "load textures" under Object menu - it crashed. I am simply unable to use it until they fix this.
Old 1st January 2008, 07:12 PM   #24
bfeaver
Advanced member

Darn, bad for you. I was doing the exact same loading of X-Plane hangar textures when you made your original post. Lucky me, the script has solved the problem at least on my 24" Intel iMac with Leopard.

Blue side up,
Bob
bfeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2008, 07:00 AM   #25
Luke173

Quote:
Originally Posted by UreyP3 View Post
Let me add to the problem list - I upgraded to Leopard, and since then, AC3D has been unusable.
1. If I click on the "load textures" option under Objects Menu - it crashes
2. If I do a "Save As..." - it crashes (and sometimes crashes during a simple "save")
3. If I export an X-Plane 8 object - it crashes
4. If I click on the "Help" option in the main window bar - it crashes
5. If I move the cursor over the "Help" option in the main window bar - it crashes
6. As I work on my would-be X-Plane object even though I cannot assign a texture to it and thus cannot actually use it in XPlane - it randomly crashes - cannot pinpoint any specific action or function that precipitates it.

I have downloaded the script patch you offered earlier - it still crashes in all of the above situations, nothing changed.
I re-downloaded AC3D and installed it afresh - still crashes.
I tried the above referenced script in the above referenced newly installed AC3D - still crashes.
i get exactly the same problems. AC3D is unusable for me now. i tried the workaround, no success, the 'help ' solved that problem, but it's still crashing.

it might be that we're still using PowerMacs. also ona G5 here, latest generation dual core.

any clues?
Luke173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2008, 12:08 PM   #26
UreyP3

Oddly - now it works for me. I reinstalled AC3D - and I downloaded the script patch anew and installed it - and I edited the text of the "help" script adding one space after the word "help" -- "help " - and it worked. Not sure why... It's awkward, but functional.

Note that inside the desktop AC3D folder are several sub-folders - three of them are key here and can be misleading. There is a "plugins" folder; a "scripts" folder and a "tcl" folder. Drag the "restoreLeopardDialogs.tcl" script into the "scripts" folder - do not put it in the plugins folder as directed in an earlier post - or in the tcl folders. And edit the help script as directed (apparently resolves the crash caused by trying to access the Help menu) - open the .tcl script in TextEdit - edit and save. Good luck - hope this works for you as it finally did for me.
Old 6th January 2008, 12:13 PM   #27
UreyP3

Realized I was a little obscure on the "help" script... it is in the "tcl folder" and is called "ac3d.tcl". Open it in TextEdit and scroll down until you find the following line of code"

"$m add cascade -menu .mbar.help.menu -label "Help" -underline 0"

It's just over half-way through the file as I look at it. Add one space after the word "Help" so it reads:

$m add cascade -menu .mbar.help.menu -label "Help " -underline 0

Save and close -- that's it.