Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th February 2008, 10:34 AM   #21
Keith Sweeting

Default Re: Texture Mapping

Thank you Lisa I did read that but it didn't sink into my old brain. I am very encouraged by the response that a lot of the forumites gave me thank you once again!!!
Keith Sweeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 10:56 PM   #22
fusedgore
Expert member

Keith if you have the surface icon depressed ,then if u want to select more than 1 part of the model make sure you hold in your shift button before you click another section of the model that way you select more than 1 part of the model .Look at the pic below.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_dJdcw903qLg/.../Highlited.png
fusedgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 03:19 PM   #23
Chas

I am all fingers and thumbs when it comes to selecting the required surfaces in the Texture Coordinate Editor. So I have started pre-colouring the surfaces that I will want to select together, with the same colour. Then.... when I am in the TCE I can right click on the colour bar ( At the bottom left of the main AC3D window) and use 'select surfaces with this material' to pull them in to the TCE.

Last edited by Chas; 21st February 2008 at 02:17 PM.
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 05:35 PM   #24
fusedgore
Expert member

No you dont right click the color bar ,you left click .I havent matsered making the texutre maps yet so i cant really comment on that .Though once i get a little more advanced in AC3D i will write some very simple tut's for everyone to read and hopefully they will help allot .

If you have any more questions just PM me .
fusedgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 05:48 PM   #25
lisa
Professional user

Actually Chas's method works very well. I do that all the time myself. (right-click "select surfaces with this color" for grouping.)

It's super-helpful when you have a lot of polys, because it basically lets you make a selection set. It's grat when building, too--I use it alot to group faces that I'm extruding into a new detail, so I can quickly switch back-and-forth between tweaking individual vertices and moving the whole set of faces without having to re-select.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote