Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th July 2004, 06:39 PM   #1
briandavis

Default Adding triangular texture to a tetrahedron

Hi,

I've used the polyhedron creator to generate a tetrahedron. Now I want to add a texture to each side of the object. My biggest problem so far is getting the texture 'square' on each side. If I could figure out how to rotate the object such that one surface is exactly parallel to one of the 3 different axes (XY, XZ, or ZY) with the point of the triangle 'up' and the base of the triangle 'horizontal', then I'd have it made. Is there any way to do this with 99.9% precision? Incidentally, I've verified that the surfaces of the tetrahedron are perfect equilateral triangles as is the triangle in my bitmap.

Thanks,
Brian
briandavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2004, 07:20 PM   #2
briandavis

Well, after putting to good use my limited knowledge of trigonometry, I have successfully textured my tetrahedron. 30 degree rotations in the various planes did the trick.

Now what I'd like to do is to capture an animation of the object. The 'save 3D win as animation' menu option doesn't save the animation with a customized rotation. It appears to only save while rotating in a single plane. How can I make an animation using the current rotation within my 3d window?

Thanks,
Brian
briandavis is offline   Reply With Quote