Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th December 2011, 09:20 PM   #1
Petite Pixie
Advanced member

Default Quick Question and Long Lecture

I'm starting to do a lot of models made for Second Life Mesh and was wondering if there is a way or might be a plugin eventually for rigging mesh to the Second Life Avatar in the future. I suspect not but thought I'd ask. I so do love making money in Second Life and Mesh clothes are going to be very popular.

I do want to say AC3D is one of the best 3D programs to learn on, it's very intuitive and simple to learn. Now if only the user base actually cared much about Second Life users this program would be selling more than it is because everyone who uses it would tell others about it. I'm not saying people don't care but most of what I see is kind of like watch a bunch of snobs and elitist pishposhing "those losers on SL", but it's the feeling I get trying to find answers here. I do know one thing, that's I can make as much lindens (SL Money) and then convert it to real money as I am willing to work for but the main problem is getting around the issues some of these programs have when working and converting my projects. If I owned a great software program I was trying to sell I certainly wouldn't have the attitude of only helping those who are like minded. Not everyone who buys this will know instantly how to use everything or is a tech head that can get past the tech style of a manual. I would make it even easier for anyone to use specially if it's already more than half way there by helping others in the forums as much as possible, making the manual readable by everyone and seeing potential in such markets as Second Life which can and should be very lucrative. After all not many places to have tens of thousands of customers available buying Mesh products on a daily bases. I do wonder if most AC3D are nothing more than just hobbyists? If you feel insulted because you do try, I'm sorry and this message isn't for you. If you feel insulted and think Second Life is only so much "blah blah blah" good you should feel that way. I've made over $30,000 US Dollar in second life as a designer, so go ahead laugh, I am.

Petite Pixie:-D
Petite Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 08:22 PM   #2
tbd
Professional user

Default Re: Quick Question and Long Lecture

I love Ac3d, its the only program I use for my models. But I model just for fun and I'm sorry to say that I have never been to Second life. Don't hope you think I'm one of those elitist and snob's your talking about As I said, modeling is just a way for me to relax and have fun Good to hear you can earn a living on your modeling.
tbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 05:12 PM   #3
Petite Pixie
Advanced member

I don't think everyone is a snob, most are just unsure of what to say or don't know but there are snobs in every community. I just get frustrated when I hit a dead end or wall when I work and can't find any answers and no help. Not because no one knows or there's no answers but because the people who might know don't think it's worth their time to help.
Old 1st February 2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Edymnion
Professional user

Nope, AC3D doesn't support any level of animation, and boning/rigging is a major part of animation.

Off the top of my head, I'd recommend Milkshape for that. Its free and pretty easy to use.

I've always wanted to see about getting into Second Life just to open up model/mesh stores and make some cash on the side. I can model characters fairly well (IMO), and I have no qualms about making furries. =P
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the syrup of cola that thoughts acquire speed, the ears acquire ringing, the ringing becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind into motion.
Edymnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 09:07 PM   #5
Petite Pixie
Advanced member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edymnion View Post
Nope, AC3D doesn't support any level of animation, and boning/rigging is a major part of animation.

Off the top of my head, I'd recommend Milkshape for that. Its free and pretty easy to use.

I've always wanted to see about getting into Second Life just to open up model/mesh stores and make some cash on the side. I can model characters fairly well (IMO), and I have no qualms about making furries. =P
You should, market is still wide open for mesh items although to make a furry avatar you'd still need to rig it to the SL default bones.