Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd January 2014, 06:42 PM   #1
avesthefox
Expert member

Default Dissabling Mipmaps

I've asked about this before on these forums (a few years ago) and apparently, it could not be done.

I'd like to be able to dissable texture mipmapping both on the model and in the TCE. Basically what I'm asking is to be able to make textures not blurry (keep them blocky and pixelated)

This would make adjusting textures easy considering you could see the texture edges better and also the games I'm currently working on are a bit old school (via playstation 1 and old Dos days) so being able to see my models with the textures like this would give me a good idea what they'd look like in my games.

Anybody got any thoughts on this?
avesthefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2014, 05:33 AM   #2
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Default Re: Dissabling Mipmaps

In a plugin, you can use these:

Code:
Prototype int ac_set_opengl_texture_mag_filter(int setting); // returns the original value
Prototype int ac_set_opengl_texture_min_filter(int setting); // returns the original value
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2014, 04:24 PM   #3
avesthefox
Expert member

Question Re: Dissabling Mipmaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
In a plugin, you can use these:

Code:
Prototype int ac_set_opengl_texture_mag_filter(int setting); // returns the original value
Prototype int ac_set_opengl_texture_min_filter(int setting); // returns the original value
I've never made a plugin before. Are there certain requirements needed? I've glanced through the plugin directory to study the files using Notepad++ and it seems that the .p files are unreadable while the tcl files contain readable code.

Is there some good documentation on this?

edit:

nevermind, I found this page: http://www.inivis.com/supercoldmilk/...tut/index.html

it seems I will need to get the ac3d sdk from you. I'll e-mail you my registration code for ac3d later on for it :P

Last edited by avesthefox; 3rd January 2014 at 06:30 PM.
avesthefox is offline   Reply With Quote