Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th October 2005, 06:22 AM   #1
Hawk
Professional user

Default Daz images into AC3D

Is it possible to place a Daz image into AC3D? And is it possibe to place a wireframe Daz image into AC3D? Anyone know? Thanks
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 09:46 AM   #2
griff
Professional user

Not exactly sure about what you mean by a "Daz Image".

If you mean a 2d graphic image .... you can load it as a background or create a rectangle object and apply the 2d graphic image as a texture.

But I have a feeling this is not what you mean.

If you have a 3d Daz model ... these can be imported in the .obj geometry format into AC3D.

Regards,

griff
griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 08:57 PM   #3
Hawk
Professional user

Yep, simply if it could be placed in the AC3D program, I do realize it will be a 2d image.
Do you happen to know how a Daz (2D) is placed in Photoshop or Paintshop Pro? Thanks
Old 26th October 2005, 10:01 AM   #4
foxa
Professional user

I have exported characters from Poser 3.0 as obj and 3DS files and they work fine. you lose the ability to fine tune the poses, but as a 3DS file you can choose to export each body part :? as a separate object. I believe that DAZ studio (currently free) will export to 3DS but I dont know about the body parts thing.

(edit) Sorry missed the 2D thing, if you render a pose from Daz studio that image should work with most 2D image editors (use jpg or png).

Good luck

Art
foxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2005, 12:25 AM   #5
griff
Professional user

Foxa is right that Poser can export models and body parts to 3ds and a variety of other formats. I usually use the Wavefront .obj format .. as it can then be retexture-mapped in UVMapper.

The program Foxa mentions Daz Studio also will load Poser model/scenes and objects and is free. (Comes with some free 3d content too which may or may not be useful). It will export in *only* the .obj format at this time.

However, not only can you load the base figures/models, you can add a pose to it then export the *posed* figure. The example below has base figure(left) and a posed figure (right) each exported from Daz Studio then imported into AC3D.

The smiley figure, and 8-9 poses is a freebie available from Daz.

If you have the free Blaxxun Contact VRML viewer (does not work with Cortona or other VRML viewers) ... available here:
http://www.blaxxun.com/home/index.ph...d=42&Itemid=85

you can view a little VRML animation set I made using Daz Studio and AC3D and this smiley guy here (click on him to animate) :

http://www.3dworlds.ca/seamless/morph3all3.wrl

I still am at a loss though as to exactly what hawk is trying to do. Maybe if we had an example and what you are trying to do.

griff
Old 29th October 2005, 08:54 PM   #6
Hawk
Professional user

I am completely new to Daz and was instructed to first render the object (Just a button) and then save as File> " Save last render", the dialog box however does not give me a .obj save option???. How is it saved to .obj?
What I want to do...
I want a scaled Daz figure placed into one view of AC3D, and take a screen shot of that and move it to Photoshop as a gif, which I know how to do(The last part). It the get Daz image into AC3D that is the sticker. I wish to avoid building a figure into AC3D as I only need one pose.
I have accomplished this by moving a AC3D image into Photoshop and then placing the Daz image onto that, but if need be I would like to be able to do it both ways. The thing being in the end I only need a 2d image once I have the AC3D 3d image the way I want it.
Could I use the background function, as this would help size the Daz image within AC3D? Thanks
Old 29th October 2005, 09:04 PM   #7
Hawk
Professional user

I was instructed incorrectly, it worked by using the File> "export" option, and the image loaded promptly into AC3D. Thanks all.
Old 30th October 2005, 12:17 PM   #8
griff
Professional user

Glad you got it working.