Go Back   AC3D Forums > Technical > AC3D Bugs and Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd January 2018, 04:37 PM   #1
dlant

Default Macbook Pro 2017 Mouse Pointer Inaccurate

Running AC3D 8.0.80 on MacBook Pro 2017 w/ latest OS, and on Windows 10.

The following issue only occurs on my Mac...

The mouse pointer is inaccurate by approximately 20-50 pixels; I can only make an accurate selection if I position the pointer below what I want to select.

I have tried changing:
* mouse pointer size
* accessibility settings on/off & variations
* settings for display, trackpad, mouse, etc.

I tried using the trackpad alone and also a mouse...same issue.

I cannot find any settings to change such as: "anti-alias 3D graphics."

Any ideas?
Thanks!
dlant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 06:10 AM   #2
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Default Re: Macbook Pro 2017 Mouse Pointer Inaccurate

Sorry, we've not come across this one yet but it's certainly a strange one.

Can you try and narrow down the pixel distance that it's wrong. Assuming it's OK horizontally, how many pixels is is off vertically? Perhaps it's off by th width of the window title bar? If you could try changing the font used and see if that makes a difference.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 10:07 AM   #3
dlant

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your quick reply and suggestions.

I forgot to mention that the issue only occurs within the total actual interface area, not the top menu bar with drop downs; the selection is spot on there.

PIXEL OFFSET
I have to click approximately 15 pixels below the desired selection in order to actually select it. This is true whether it's a segment of a model or outside the viewport, such as if I want to change the view from say left to right by using the dropdown above a viewport.

FONT
I have changed the UI font to various others, as well as the font size. I have also tried different themes...issue remains.

WORKAROUND
I have found that this issue occurs if after AC3D opens, I click the green dot and maximize (full screen) the interface. On all apps, I usually select, View > Enter Full Screen, and leave them set that way. AC3D does not have that option, so I click the green dot to maximize to full screen.

A workaround to the issue of mouse pointer inaccuracy is I click the green dot and the interface shrinks down slightly, I then click the bottom of the interface, grab, and drag up approximately 15 pixels. Now the mouse is accurate.

I have left the interface in that size condition and exited AC3D using the red "close" dot. When I open AC3D again, it opens to the size I left it and the mouse is then accurate.

Of course, the down side is less screen real estate; definitely not the worst problem, and at least I can select things accurately.

Thanks!
Old 12th April 2018, 09:42 AM   #4
dlant

I still have the issue of the mouse pointer not being accurate on MacBook Pro 2017 running latest OS. Does anybody else have this problem or is there is a fix? Thanks!

Tags
ac3d 8, inaccurate, macbook, mouse, pointer