Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th September 2006, 06:47 PM   #1
omarsr

Default AC3D 6 for Panther?

I don't run osX Tiger (10.4) but I use Panther (10.3.9). I noticed that v6 is for tiger only and no versions for panther on D/L page. Can you make v6 run in panther also?

I am working with TW and making wwii armor models. I model in Maya7 but wanted to try AC3D as most of the guys use it. I would like to build in Maya and then export in an importable format to AC3D to make sure scaling is correct, or just import all my existing models to AC3D and use it from here on out.

I don't plan on using osX tiger until I get a new mac. Can AC3D:

1. make AC3D6 work with osX 10.3.9, or
2. provide a link to a 10.3.9 compatible version

omarsr
omarsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 08:56 PM   #2
Jeff

Default Re: AC3D 6 for Panther?

Hi there. I am working on a MacPro now and using Parallels to work both OS. I see you are looking for a way to get across the abyss.

If you find any answers I would appreciate getting an update from you. Here is my problem...

[ I have about 26 illustrator vector and specification files (very detailed city maps) that will probably take quite a few days for each one to be redrawn by hand. What I am looking for is a software or exporting solution to get these files into AutoCAD from Illustrator.

[ Also, I am working on a MacPro computer with Mac OSX 10.4 but work in AutoCAD 2002 on same machine using Parallels and Windows XP. This is a great combination of product and software but haven't found any answers yet.

[ Any ideas how to do this or where to go to get some help? ]

Thank you in advance for any info, Jeff
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote