Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th January 2013, 06:02 PM   #1
Art

Default Duplication of Objects

I am new to ac3d and have run into what might or not be a (my) problem. After saving a project several times I notice that objects & surfaces seem to pile up on themselves. For example a Pole object can be selected and the delete key pressed revealing an identical object beneath. I have deleted as many as 20 onion skin-like identical layers on objects before reaching the last one. The number seems to be in proportion to how often the project is opened or saved.

I think I am doing something incorrectly but I can't figure it out. Help will be appreciated.

Art

Mac OS 10.8, Mac Pro
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 03:54 PM   #2
foxa
Professional user

Default Re: Duplication of Objects

One of the things I used to get snagged with was extruding something, and then "undoing" the extrude. Extrude uses 2 functions to work, duplicate then move. when you only undo once you remove the move and leave the duplicate. Heck, I still do it sometimes. Live and learn, but have fun

Art
foxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 05:16 PM   #3
Art

Default Re: Duplication of Objects

Thanks foxa. Interesting. I assume you refer to an "undo" of a single object. This appears to be more widespread. While working I frequently change my mind and press Cmd-Z (Mac). That may where there is something.

A further note: I remove all the object skins for the entire project. Then, as time goes on, I find skins again. If I don't completely remove them from every object, missed objects continue to accrue skins. Not sure if this is a clue.

Also, from time to time I save the project using Cmd-S. I notice ac3d, when quitting it seems the program always wants to overwrite the latest version. Perhaps I should always quit and overwrite rather than save.

I can't seem to get a handle on this.

Thanks for your response.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote