Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D News and Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st May 2015, 09:04 AM   #1
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Default AC3D 7.5 Out Now!

Inivis is pleased to announce a significant new release of AC3D.

Checkout AC3D 7.5’s new functions. They’re going to make your general modelling easier and a ‘hole’ lot more fun…

Fill Holes

Automatically fill holes with menu Object->Fill Holes. This seeks out open areas in a 3D object and automatically fills them with new surfaces.

Unify Normals

Previously it could be time-consuming ensuring that all surfaces face in the right direction. This new function automatically orients surfaces so that you can quickly ensure that all surfaces face outwards.

Hierarchy enhancements
In the Tools->Hierarchy, right-clicking on a ‘+’ button will now open a group, AND all its children.

Object state is now saved
If an object is hidden, locked or folded (in the hierarchy), this state is now saved in AC3D .ac files. This means that if you save a model with some of the hierarchy folded, locked or hidden, the state will be retained when the file is next loaded.

Easier searching
Edit->Select-by-name now accepts wild cards so you can search using * and ?, where * matches any characters, ? matches a single character.

STL files reoriented
Objects loaded from STL files are automatically reoriented (rotated to AC3D’s coordinate system) on import and export. (i.e from Z=up to Y=up). If you’re working with a lot of STL files, you needn’t worry about having to rotate objects.

Other changes include: improved Collada export and KML (Google-Earth export), fixes and compatibility improvements.

More people are discovering the pleasure of modeling with AC3D for 3D printing.

We’ve written a special guide for those of you who wish to explore designing models for 3D printers. Don’t have a 3D printer? This guide is still really handy as it highlights some of AC3D’s most useful functions for general modelling.

Take a look here AC3D 3D printing tips

AC3D 7.5 available now for Windows, Mac and Linux!

Get it today DOWNLOAD NOW

License Upgrades

AC3D 7.5 is free if you purchased AC3D after Dec 2013. Simply download and install it. If you purchased before that time, AC3D will let you know. Please visit the Upgrade Center to purchase a new discounted license for AC3D.

www.inivis.com/upgrade.html
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2015, 12:39 PM   #2
Terry Capps
Professional user

Question Re: AC3D 7.5 Out Now!

I went through the upgrade and entered my previous License key that I obtained when I last upgraded to Version 7.2 on 3/1/2014, but I was still charged $44.95 + $20 for a second PC.

I thought that the upgrade was supposed to be free if you purchased ac3d after Dec 2013.

What happened?
Terry Capps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2015, 01:25 PM   #3
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Default Re: AC3D 7.5 Out Now!

Hi Terry,

As you purchased in 2014 you didn't need to upgrade your AC3D license. We'll get a refund processed for you.
Old 1st May 2015, 05:46 PM   #4
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Default Re: AC3D 7.5 Out Now!

Important Update

Prior to the release, a last minute change to AC3D 7.5 broke compatibility with the X-Plane plugins.

The downloads have now been updated with a working version. If you have AC3D 7.5 (check from inside AC3D via the menu Help->About-AC3D) then please uninstall this version and download AC3D 7.5.02.

the download page is: www.inivis.com/downloads.html

The latest X-Plane plugins are available from http://developer.x-plane.com/tools/ac3d-plugin/

Our apologies for this inconvenience.

Last edited by Andy; 1st May 2015 at 05:49 PM.