Go Back   AC3D Forums > Resources > AC3D Tutorials and How-To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th July 2008, 08:08 AM   #1
Galun
Expert member

Default export milkshape ascii with skeleton

I found this Milkshape exporter mentioned in http://www.inivis.com/forum/showthre...ilkshape+ascii
and thought it could be used to place joints into a model for simple animations. I would prefer doing that in AC3D as I find it horrible in Milkshape to create joints.

The screenshot for this plugin show a deep hierarchy of groups and objects but how are the joints specified? I have one object for everything - should that be split?
Galun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 01:25 PM   #2
lisa
Professional user

Default Re: export milkshape ascii with skeleton

Yes, splitting the mesh is the correct answer. Each mesh forms a joint. You can use the hierarchy view on the tools menu to organize your joints. Group together each thing you want parented, with the root object as the first object in the group. ie. Group the foot with the shin, making the shin the first object in the group, then group that with the thigh making the thigh the first object in the group, then group that with the pelvis, etc.

The object center forms the pivot point of the joint. You can move the pivots with Tools > Adjust Object Centre, or for more precise positioning of the joint pivots you can use this plugin: http://www.independentdeveloper.com/...in_pivot_tools

Any mesh name that starts with "NULL_" is treated as a null pivot, so if you need joint handles without geometry you can add them that way.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote